Popular Post

Wish I Was There Post

Hi folks, I am feeling a little nostalgic tonight as tomorrow a group show in which I am participating opens in Perth and I unfortunately will be here in Paris. Time travel would be a wonderful solution!

I thought I would share a couple of the images from the show, all shot at the Moulin Rouge cabaret in Paris. I played with the light wanting a lot of contrast between the shadows and the highlights. It just took two lights and many gorgeous talented dancers (and a guzillion dollars worth of feathers, diamantes and costumes) to create this effect. I exposed for the spotlight on the girls and shot at a slow shutter speed to create a dreamlike effect. I used Fuji Neopan film 1600 a remarkably fine-grained film that is soft on the skin. I used my Leica M7 workhorse. No retouching no photoshop tricks. Master printer Toros Aladjajian did the rest, hand printing them in silver gelatin on archival paper.
It's so wonderful to be a photographer!

If there is one person left on the planet that hasn't been told the details of opening night are as follows:

FIVE FEMALE PHOTOGRAPHERS
Exhibition
Opening night
Friday 7th May 5.30pm-7.30pm
1 May 2010 - 12 June 2010
Country Road Cafe
307-313 Murray St
Perth 6000 Western Australia

Participating photographic artists are
Carla Coulson
Nicole Boenig McGrade
Louise Mann
Ellie Young
Renata Buziak
ps Many thanks to the Moulin Rouge and the wonderful and beautiful girls