Popular Post

Natural Light and a beautiful girl



I have learnt to use natural light under many different circumstances and I have risked numerous times shooting fashion inside using ambient light. It's nerve wracking without a dout. but depending where you are in the world and who designed the building you will be shooting in, you maybe lucky like I have been and manage to pull it off. Our location was in a room of an ex-Florentine convent. Falling apart at the seams just the way we love it. I checked out the vaulted ceilings and high windows the day before noting the time when the sun was at it's highest, when it had completely died and making light readings along the way. The weather the following day was predicted to be the same so I went for it. I shot on my Leica M8 iso 400 with an assistant using a reflector. At certain times of the day the light boomed in the window bouncing of the walls creating a soft box effect. Mother nature, a wonderful stylist, great model and photoshop did the rest. I used a combination of bleach by pass, curves and colour correction to obtain the washed out colours.