Popular Post

The One Brown Girl Challenge

It took me more than a week to write this post.  And all because I didn't want to come across with too much joie de vivre.  Hmpf.  So now that a week has gone by, I'm pretty much over my reluctance to share the good feelings that I carry with me every day, and I have something to admit (drum roll, please):  I'm a happy Brown Girl with a great life and big dreams and I love living this way!  So there.  (Smiling big.)
Do you ever find that you are reluctant to comment about your successes or about how great you feel just so that you don't have to deal with the negative reactions of The Unhappy People?  Don't get me wrong:  Truth be told, I've got a little bit of an edge which for me means that I don't worry one.little.bit about how I'm perceived in real life.  But I'm still trying to get the hang of how my real life fits into my blog life, and that is because I've just recently turned The OBG Blog into more of a personal (Brown Girl) commentary (still struggling with this) as opposed to a blog that merely reports cool Brown Girl stuff.  Yeah, well. What's a Brown Girl to do?
So in light of My Happy Life and my (surprising but not really) reluctance to talk about it, here is The One Brown Girl Challenge I propose:  Don't be afraid to share your joy and your successes with the world.  If your joy comes from an honest humble place, everyone will know and react in kind.  Besides, maybe your joy will turn some of The Unhappy People into Happy Ones.  So there.  =)