Popular Post

another coconut cake

.


fortunately I never have had to go for long periods of time without satisfying my cravings... for coconut cake. Soon after I moved into the neighborhood of my previous home, the drugstore lunch counter was converted into a full on restaurant. At first  I thought -what sad news. The lunch counters are going-if not already gone, and losing the Hayes Barton one- just devastating. I quickly found out the neighborhood traded up up up! read a review here  The new proprietors, a husband and wife team- have created something unique to Raleigh and it doesn't hurt the cuisine is outstanding- and THE coconut cake is otherworldly. Honestly-I kid you not. Marget, the owner, is baker extraordinaire at The Hayes Barton Cafe & Dessertery here

 Frank,owner manager, all round great guy-
married to the maker of THE coconut cake








some of Marget's masterpieces & more here.

a piece of  THE coconut cake
served only as what I would call unartfully a "slab"



this looks heaven bound as well, but I haven't tried it
a white chocolate banana mousse pie



the Five Points area of Hayes Barton
Raleigh NC

shops line both sides of this street, antiques, flowers, more food and the post office
looking right-My old house would be just across the street from the restaurant

(close up of the coconut cake)


my house just a crossing of the street away from the coconut cake 



since moving away-I have not found another coconut cake, but tomorrow is another day.

find out more about the Five Points neighborhood here 
& here
unfortunately I am not receiving any coconut cake in exchange for this post.
.
.