Popular Post

Shinedown Intro - 'The Dream'

I came across this poem/song on my ipod yesterday and it really intrigued me. Its from a band called Shinedown.



The Dream

Whisper in the yard and turn the trees all into toys
Lay there on the ground, and turn the dirt into your joy
From what I see and what I know, it's all been boring lately
So I suggest we trade a question mark in for a maybe
Time your riddles right, and make a point that has no sense
Make sure that you're smiling, and the money's been well spent
Innocence and ignorance, it all goes hand in hand
I'm not sure that I'm right, but I hope you'll understand
I hope that you're still searching for the start that has no end
And all the plastic people have now become your friends
Before you start to drift and your soul begins to scream
I just wanted to tell you that you're listening to a dream
 





This song was the intro track to them album which was amazing because, the little girl that reads this poem, the intro track represents the whole album. Not to mention this band is a heavy rock/alternative/metal band. 


The dream i see it as a riddle that only the listener can figure out for themselves. Its a beautiful poem and gives me goosebumps. The innocent of a child brings beauty to the album and a whole other feel. To me, this poem's imagery is amazing and is very fantasy-based. Its describing the setting of this dream world, where the trees are toys, people are plastic dolls, and the dirt isn't really "dirty," its described as joy. 

According to this poem, when you think you've found the right path, its just an illusion of reality, and your life really never ends. Once you've decided that you want to give up on everything, you realize that this life is just a dream.