Popular Post

Argentine Bus Tickets

Though the contents were a collagist/ephemera-lover’s dream, it was only with the utmost restraint, that I resisted the old bus ticket dispenser at the flea market in Buenos Aires this past fall. Rolls of newsprint-thin paper printed with a glorious variety of fonts and colors. The catch? I couldn’t just buy a few tickets; I would have to buy the whole thing. And no matter how low the price went, I kept picturing myself six months from then, still not having found a spot for the hunk of metal in my tiny NYC apartment, yet being incapable of throwing it out.

While writing a post about the buses themselves, I found an entire site dedicated to Argentina's buses, for background. That's where I spotted LA HISTORIA DEL BOLETO, and found way more tickets than I could have possibly brought home ...