Popular Post

The Ones That Got Away

  
So many photos end up the cutting room floor when making a book. There are many different reasons why an image doesn't make it. Sometimes it is simply they can't find a home or jar with the rest of the images. These four images were taking during the making of French Essence and they all hit the cutting room floor.  I photographed them all on film (T64) and then cross processed them by developing the postive film in a negative developer instead of the usual positive or trannie developer. The result is always unpredictable but often makes for beautiful images. The contrast becomes dramatic and the colours are pushed to new levels. I have always been a fan of cross processing and love this effect for fashion. These guys didn't find a home because the colours jarred with the rest of the photography but I didnt' take it personally. After all you can't have them all. I famously sent 1000 images to my publisher when making Italian Joy and over 700 hit the cutting room floor. I just couldn't decide!! Carla x