Popular Post

Lady Diana & the cabbage

little augury follows something and happily--- down the rabbit hole WEEEE! go.
this time (you're late! you're late!), it is- Cooking with Lady Diana Cooper-

I do not profess to be skilled at cookery. No, No.
Did the Lady?
this recipe- I guess- IF the Lady in question cooked- must have been one of her stock in trade ones.


I imagine my incredible childhood music teacher to be on the same culinary
skill level as Lady Diana.
My lady- FRANCES- How DIVA-ine!
I love her still.
Many hours at the keyboard we spent... In conversation- sharpening my social skills, discussing fashion, city matters-(gossip)-Oh yes---&----I played the piano too. Basically, I graduated with HONORS from the Frances Critcher Wright School of Deportment. (but I digress- not shocking)

one of Lady Frances' Recipes I favor- Quick Tomato Aspic


 the charming blog- Joanna's Food shares Lady Diana Cooper's SPICED CABBAGE recipe HERE .

Diana Cooper's Spiced Cabbage

1/2 a white cabbage, shredded or use a whole JANUARY KING CABBAGE (my note- a wonderful semi-savoyed heirloom dating back to Victorian England ,the French also claim it)
4 tbsp sesame oil
one small onion, chopped
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
good pinch of caraway seed
salt

Heat the oil in a large pan, and gently fry the onion and caraway. As it starts to brown, add the cabbage. Cook as if it was a stir fry - keep it moving, and when it's done to your liking, add the vinegar and salt to taste.(from Joanna's Food blog)

Perhaps
One day, I will share the two ingredient La Frances Aspic recipe with you.



& NO,
I can not imagine Lady Diana doing this either-
But here IT is in -Cecil Beaton's divine black and white.
They say Cecil could get his subjects to do anything.


&;
I would bet My life My Lady Frances never ever milked a cow.
.